Friday, April 22, 2011

No More Binky's

As I sit here and type this I can hardly believe it myself. This seems to have been too easy and was not planned. I know that I am probably jinxing myself right now and tomorrow may be a different story. It all started when we were eating dinner tonight I was telling Matt how I think that we need to start weaning Brinley off the binky so it doesn't start to hurt her speech. Matt (not being completely serious) said that we should throw away the binky's or the Easter bunny might not come. Brinley immediately got up from the table and left the room. We didn't really think anything about it until she came back in the kitchen and threw two binky's on the table and said "here daddy throw in the garbage." Both Matt and I were stunned but we immediately went with it. Matt went to get a sack to throw them in and she went to the binky drawer and got all the rest out and threw those away too. We were shocked but kept praising how big she was and that we were so proud of her.

We took pictures of this momentous event and she was super excited as you can tell from the pictures. I was wondering what would happen when it was time for bed, but this Big Girl didn't even ask for her binky and fell right to sleep. This is amazing coming from a little girl who a normally not only sleeps with one binky but needs "coo" (two) binkys, or three or four in her case. I can't believe that my little babies are growing up so fast. In the past month they have become potty trained and now no more binkys. In a way I am a little sad because it was her way of staying mommy's baby. I know, I know I will get over it when I don't have to hear the meltdowns anymore when she has lost one, or when we forget to grab "coo" when we leave the house. But for tonight I will mourn the loss of the beloved binky and pray that she doesn't wake up screaming for it!











No comments: