Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Knoxville Nationals 2010

We went to my hometown this past weekend for the 50th annual Knoxville Nationals (sprint cars for those of you who don't know). We went down Thursday late afternoon and hung out at my Grandma's with my aunt Cheryl Lyn and cousin Jen. We got up early Firday to hit all the garage sales. I took the girls to my Grandpa Doc's house so that it would be enjoyable to shop and it was also really hot outside. The sales didn't seem as good as last year although I managed to find some good bargains. My favorite purchase was the five cabbage patch dolls for $5.00. My mom and I even managed to find a couple cute jewelry pieces at one of the sales. We ate lunch at a little deli where they have the best taco salads ever!! The races ended up being cancelled Friday but Matt and I managed to have some fun. We went to our local bar "Dingus" with my cousin and my brother and I ran into some people that I haven't seen in a long time and also saw one of my good friends and college roommate.

My mom and I took the girls to the parade on Saturday morning. They were so excited to get all the candy that was thrown out, they filled up two baggies worth!! I was lucky enough that they only ate a few pieces!

Saturday night was the final night of racing and man was it ever a "race". It was probably one of the best races that I have ever seen since I have been going. I was really hoping that my favorite driver Sammy Swindell would have won, but since he didn't it was great to see someone new win for a change. After the race Matt and I stayed and hung out underneath the grandstands and finished the night or should I say morning with a corn dog..it was sooo good!


The Clydesdales were there



My Grandpa trying on one of my cousins garage sale finds


Me, Natalie, Jen




Picking up candy







Oh Sammy you should have won!









Jennifer and Me


Kelsey, Jennifer, and Me




































1 comment:

Monique said...

Looks like Knoxville Nationals were fun!!